For more information or questions please call or e-mail
1. Do you offer a written contract?
Yes, A contract is important so you are comfortable knowing that I am obligated to your day.
I will follow through all of the details that we discuss.
2. Will you be the DJ at our wedding?
Yes, I am the only DJ associated with Mike’s Music Mix.
When you hire me you get me for your wedding day.
3. May we meet with you in person before we sign a contract?
Yes, It is very important to meet in person so we can get comfortable with each other and get a feel
for our personalities. This is when you can see if we are a good match for your wedding day.
4. How long will you hold our date for us?
After meeting with you I will hold the date for 7 days without a deposit.
5. How long have you been a DJ and how many weddings have you done?
I have had my business since 1995. I have performed hundreds of weddings.
6. How many weddings do you do each year?
I perform several weddings each year
7. Do you perform for more than one event in a day?
Never, I will only take on one wedding a day so I can have total focus on your day.
8. What makes you different from your competitors?
I have been educated through the years to perform all duties of a wedding coordinator.
I completely understand how important and special this day is for you.
You will find that I can organize all aspects of your wedding from our first meeting up to the last dance.
Performing as a DJ is important and keeping the day organized will
maximize you fun and dancing for the wedding day.
9. Do you act as the “emcee” and make all of the announcements?
Yes, This is all included with my services.
10. How would you define your "style" when making announcements?
When making announcements it all depends on what you are looking for to set the tone of your day.
It can be relaxed or exciting and full of enthusiasm we will discuss what you would like for your day.
11. What if something happens to you and you can’t make it to the wedding?
This has never happened to me. I do have several experienced people I work with and I would handle the situation in the most professional and delicate way possible to make sure everything goes off exactly as planned.
12. Will we meet again before the wedding?
Yes, We will meet as many times as possible until you are totally comfortable. Approximately two weeks before your day we will thoroughly cover your entire wedding to be sure we don’t miss any important details
13. Can we visit you at a performance?
No, My clients privacy is very important to me and I will be totally focused on their day.
I do have several videos on this site and if you need to see more let me know.
14. May we speak to your references?
I have several references available. please ask me for a listing.
15. How do you keep your music collection up-to-date?
I use a DJ subscription program that keeps me well ahead of all the hits you want to hear on the day of your wedding.
I also use i-tunes and amazon to fill in the blanks.
16. How involved can we be in selecting music for our event?
You can be 100% involved in music selection. I always ask all of my clients what they would like to be played on their wedding day.
You can give me a big or small list it’s up to you.
I’ll take your list and place the music in an order that will energize your guest in the best possible way.
17. When do we need to submit our music requests and event details?
I will supply you with an information sheet that we will use through out your planning.
I like all details to be as complete as possible two weeks before the wedding.
18. Do you take requests from our guests?
Yes, This is very important to me so all of your guests are hearing the music they want to dance to.
19. Can we submit a “Do Not Play” list?
Yes, it is your day and I don’t want to play something you don’t want to hear.
I do ask you to remember your guest that you have invited and what they may want to hear too.
20. When do you arrive to set up for our wedding?
Depending on what is needed 2-4 hours before your married.
21. What will you wear to our wedding?
I wear a tuxedo at all wedding events as seen on my welcome page.
22. What will you wear when you set up and break down your equipment?
Causal comfortable clothing that is presentable for the public.
23. How much of a deposit is required to secure our date?
A 50% deposit is required to secure your date.
24. What do you require from us?
All I need is antiquate power supply. I have everything else.
25. Do you require a meal?
It’s up to you if you would like to. It is not a requirement.
26. Are you insured?
I have full liability coverage.
27. Do you take any breaks?
No, I stay focused on your day from beginning to end.
28. What is your policy on alcohol or smoking during the wedding?
I do not drink or smoke.
29. What kind of equipment do you use?
All of my equipment is listed in my equipment page.
30. Do you bring backup equipment with you to the wedding?
I have two back ups for all of my equipment.
31. Do you have a wireless microphone?
I have three different types of wireless systems. A microphone. lapel, and a headset
32. Do you have a “light show”?
I have state of the art uplighting that can be used to light up the room and then later transform to moving color for the dance floor.
I also offer monograming.
33. Do you belong to any professional associations or trade groups?
I am a member of The Knot and Wedding Wire.
34. Do you charge a travel, set up, or break down fee?
No, If the event is more than 2hrs away I do ask for a hotel room.
If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask.
Anything you need for your wedding day I will do my best to make it happen.